Monday, June 15, 2009

Blue skies are needed!

Most of you know by now that depression is something I have struggled with off an on throughout my entire life. Though this depression is managed by medication for the most part, I do have times here and there that things get a little off balance. Well....right now is one of those times for me. Most likely it is due to a recent change in my medication that has not been perfected. However, it could also be made a little more challenging by normal changes in my life. Transitioning from having one child to having two, working primarily from home and being responsible for my business, and the financial strain of both!! The biggest challenge I'm facing right now is battling lonliness. As I am primarily a stay at home mom, I don't have much opportunity to interact with others. I find it hard to get involved with other groups of stay at home moms because I don't stay home full time....I also work!! Since I run my own business, this responsibility makes it difficult to carve out time to spend outside of the house while still fulfilling my obligations. Stuck between a rock and a hard place...you can see!! Most of the friends I grew up with and went to college with are far away as we all scattered around the country once we graduated. Thus, the natural result of all of this is being alone at times. Most of the time I can handle this and welcome the opportunity to have peace and quiet and time to myself. However, when depression hits, lonliness makes it that much worse.

The song I have found to bring me some peace in these times of depression is "Blue Skies" by Point of Grace, #11 on my playlist at the bottom of the page. It reminds me that even when the clouds of depression surround me, I can rely on the light of the Son to bring my blue skies back. Even as I type this I must do it out of faith in Him, hope in His promises, and the love He surrounds me with. My feelings alone will not get me through it. They are the very thing that satan tries to use to pull me away from the cross. He never wins....he never wins! The light of the Son always shines through and moves me on to higher ground. Getting there is hard and tiring, but He always does!

Today I ask for prayer. I plead for comfort. I cry for peace. I hope that none of you have to struggle with this same thing, but please know if you do, that you are not alone. One of the things that has gotten me through these times in the past has been knowing that other people face depression too. We get through it with help and deal with it day by day. Some days the skies are more blue than others. Those are the days that carry us through to the other side. Thanks in advance for your prayers and for dealing with my moods during these times. I know for a fact that it is not easy and I appreciate your friendship regardless of where I am in my life. I need it so much more than you will ever know!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love you!!!!

Julie said...

That must have been from my husband! Either that or I love myself??! LOL! Nice bit of humor for the day!

Amy said...

Julie,

I am sorry that you are feeling lonely these days. The transitional periods of our lives are just what you said, difficult. Give it to God friend. Trust him and he will plant you where he wants you to be next.

I love your blog. You have held me up more than know with your faith and willingness to share your worldly wisdom with me.

Thanks for your tender tribute to my son. It was beautiful and meaningful. I will always treasure your words...believe it or not, the flowers look exactly the same today as they did on June 8th! I don't know where you got them but they have my business!

Hoping and praying that tomorrow brings more sunshine than your heart can hold!

Amy