We didn't know, then, that God had designed me to encourage Ray
to step out in faith and explore new career options.
We didn't know, the day Ray left his management job,
without another job to fall back on, that another job would be provided.
We didn't know then, but we know now, that this leap of faith
is the very thing that would lead Ray into sales, the field of work he is best at.
We didn't know, then, that our decision to start a family,
would lead us on one of the rockiest years we had experienced.
We didn't know, then, when I was diagnosed with placenta previa,
that the baby girl I carried wouldn't be born early or experience complications.
We didn't know then, but we know now, that God would
carry me through 8 months of pregnancy without a single complication.
We didn't know, then, that when our rent was raised beyond what we could afford,
God was opening up the door for another opportunity.
We didn't know, then, that when we decided to look for a house to rent
with my mom, we would take a chance and apply for a mortgage.
We didn't know, then, that 2 weeks later we would be signing
the papers to purchase our very first home.
We didn't know, then, that we found this house just in the nick
of time as our growing family would expand.
We didn't know, then, the day we found this home,
I was already carrying our second child.
We didn't know, then, but we know now,
that 9 months later, daddy would be the first
to announce to the world, "It's a boy!", as we welcomed our little man.
We didn't know, then, that when God designed our family to all live together,
He was providing valuable opportunities for us to spend time
with mom and grandma.
We didn't know, then, that living together would provide
grandma with unending joy in seeing 2 of her
great grandchildren grow on a daily basis.
We didn't know, then, but we know now, what a gift it was
to have grandma spend her last year of her earthly life
in the home she helped to provide for us.
We didn't know, then, that after 5 short years of marriage,
we would have a home, two children, and a great mom to experience it all with us.
We didn't know, then, but we know now, this is EXACTLY the life we longed for.
to step out in faith and explore new career options.
We didn't know, the day Ray left his management job,
without another job to fall back on, that another job would be provided.
We didn't know then, but we know now, that this leap of faith
is the very thing that would lead Ray into sales, the field of work he is best at.
We didn't know, then, that our decision to start a family,
would lead us on one of the rockiest years we had experienced.
We didn't know, then, when I was diagnosed with placenta previa,
that the baby girl I carried wouldn't be born early or experience complications.
We didn't know then, but we know now, that God would
carry me through 8 months of pregnancy without a single complication.
We didn't know, then, that when our rent was raised beyond what we could afford,
God was opening up the door for another opportunity.
We didn't know, then, that when we decided to look for a house to rent
with my mom, we would take a chance and apply for a mortgage.
We didn't know, then, that 2 weeks later we would be signing
the papers to purchase our very first home.
We didn't know, then, that we found this house just in the nick
of time as our growing family would expand.
We didn't know, then, the day we found this home,
I was already carrying our second child.
We didn't know, then, but we know now,
that 9 months later, daddy would be the first
to announce to the world, "It's a boy!", as we welcomed our little man.
We didn't know, then, that when God designed our family to all live together,
He was providing valuable opportunities for us to spend time
with mom and grandma.
We didn't know, then, that living together would provide
grandma with unending joy in seeing 2 of her
great grandchildren grow on a daily basis.
We didn't know, then, but we know now, what a gift it was
to have grandma spend her last year of her earthly life
in the home she helped to provide for us.
We didn't know, then, that after 5 short years of marriage,
we would have a home, two children, and a great mom to experience it all with us.
We didn't know, then, but we know now, this is EXACTLY the life we longed for.
Amazing the things that time can uncover and teach you. For me, what I didn't know then, was how truly wonderful this man would be. That he would see me through some very difficult times and stay by my side regardless. I didn't know, then, that he would continue to encourage me as a teacher until I decided to go back into teaching. I didn't know then, that not only would he love our children unconditionally, he would be a great father and cherish every minute with them.
I didn't know, then, but I know now, that as each day passes I grow to love him more and more. Happy Father's Day to the one I love! Our children are truly blessed to have you as a daddy and I am truly blessed to have you as a partner in raising them. I dedicate the song, "Then" by Brad Paisley, the last one on my playlist to you today. It's truly a great reflection of the things we have learned through our few years together.
I didn't know, then, but I know now, that as each day passes I grow to love him more and more. Happy Father's Day to the one I love! Our children are truly blessed to have you as a daddy and I am truly blessed to have you as a partner in raising them. I dedicate the song, "Then" by Brad Paisley, the last one on my playlist to you today. It's truly a great reflection of the things we have learned through our few years together.
No comments:
Post a Comment