Thursday, July 16, 2009

You Alone

For much of my life, I have spent my days trying to find love, joy, fulfillment, and purpose. No matter where I find these things, I always come back to the same conclusion. The only TRUE source of pure love, pure joy, pure fulfillment, and pure purpose, is my Lord and Savior. Any other attempts to fill these things with worldly means will only lead to disappointment and heartbreak. Don't get me wrong....God uses the joys and blessings of my life to provide me with these things in this world. However, it has to always come from HIM and be for HIM. As I take the weekend to find some much needed rest and relaxation for my soul, I want you to know that my heart is not focused on my depression. It is not focused on my trials. It is not focused on my pain. It is focused on Him and Him alone. In doing this, I know without a doubt that I can return to my life of wife and mother and be full to overflowing once again with the joy that only HE can bring. He is the source of my strength and all that keeps me going. I just need to take a walk, go to the well of His living water, and fill my empty pail. Then, and only then, can I truly be made free of all that plagues me and brings me down. Satan will not win the battle for my soul, my joy, and my hope. I have overcome before and I will overcome again. My song for the day is "You Alone" by Kim Hill. It is #5 on my playlist at the bottom of the page so make sure you listen to it. It is a very clear reminder that no matter what life brings we need to cling to the promise that He alone can bring.

I lift my eyes when I am troubled
I lift my hands, I lift my heart
And there I stand knowing nothing can defeat me
Just as long as I know where You are

In You alone
Is where I find my comfort
In You alone
You're my only hope
In You alone
My heart has found a resting place
In You alone
In You alone

So I won't fear though darkness hides me
No, I won't let my courage sway
For You are near and at the brightness of Your glory
The shadows of the night melt away

In You alone
Is promise I can cling to
In You alone
You're my security
In You alone
My soul has found a dwelling place
Only in You alone

What could separate me from Your love?
Neither life nor death, nor anything at all
Anything at all

Nothing will separate us from His love, friends. No matter what the world brings us, no matter what the pain may be...the only thing that matters is that we are in His love. I don't know about you, but that makes me more positive than anything that my soul needs to dwell with Him. He is the security that I need, the promise that brings me peace, and the hope that gives me rest.

No comments: