This past Sunday we had an excellent sermon about contentment. The biggest point I took away from it was this,
"The secret to true happiness is not whether we can be content with our circumstances.
It is whether or not we can be content with Jesus."
It is whether or not we can be content with Jesus."
No matter what life brings us, we need to put aside our disappointments and realize that Jesus is ALL we need. Even when our lives are full of wonderful gifts and all the things we have dreamed of and worked for, those things will never fill us like He will. We can not base our happiness on the circumstances we are in....we need to base it on HIM!!! That is the secret to being content with life. I'm sure, like me, you have found yourself struggling to be content in your circumstances, sometimes even when you are right where you thought you wanted to be. I've learned through these moments that the reason for that lack of contentment is where I center my focus. If I focus on my circumstances, as they change daily, I will find my contentment wavering. If I focus on Him, on His glorious riches and His plentiful love, I will always be content.
My song for today is "Enough" by Jeremy Camp, #37 on my playlist. The chorus helps remind us that He is not just enough, He is MORE than enough!! We never need to want or need for anything when we put our lives in His hands. He fills every thirst and every need with His love. Drink from His fountain of living water....it never runs dry!
My song for today is "Enough" by Jeremy Camp, #37 on my playlist. The chorus helps remind us that He is not just enough, He is MORE than enough!! We never need to want or need for anything when we put our lives in His hands. He fills every thirst and every need with His love. Drink from His fountain of living water....it never runs dry!
No comments:
Post a Comment