I looked up the definition of mercy online and this is what I found:
Mercy - Compassion or forbearance shown, especially to an offender or to one subject to
one's power; lenient or compassionate treatment; a blessing that is an act of divine
favor or compassion; compassionate treatment of those in distress.
So many rich words in that definition that spoke to my heart about the mercy of our Father. Even though I am "subject to His power", He makes the choice to show me compassion, favor, and forbearance. He blesses me with His love to show me how much He treasures me, rather than heaping on more guilt for the things I've done wrong. What I want to know is, how can you not run to a Father that is like that?!! What keeps you from Him? Is it fear of the Truth? Is it shame? Guilt? Guess what? None of that matters to Him. He longs so much to have you in His arms, in His presence, that He shoves aside all the junk and choses mercy in its place. What a wonderful God we serve!
My goal for the year is to find as many verses as I can about God's mercy and share them with you on here. For now, I started with music as it is such a passion for me. I hunted through songs that had to do with mercy and added a few to my playlist. The first one that hit me the most was "Mercy Said No" by Greg Long. Take a minute and listen to it. Hopefully it will speak to you as it did me. Rest in His mercy, sweet one. He longs for you to receive it.
No comments:
Post a Comment