Sunday, January 2, 2011

Somewhere in The Middle

As we enter into the new year, I look back on this year and think about what God has done in my life and in my heart. I searched for a song to help define this and found just the perfect one...as always!! It's on my playlist and it's called "Somewhere In the Middle" by Casting Crowns. It really is where I feel that I end up right now in my life. Let me use some of the lyrics and some of my own words to help make it clearer what the middle really is.

Somewhere between who I was and who I used to be
Somwhere between right and wrong...but far from the wrongs I allowed myself to live
Somewhere between rejoicing and repairing my heart and life
Somewhere between the darkness and the light
Somewhere between being hot and cold for my Savior...coming back into where He longs for me to be
Somewhere between perfect and a work in progress
Somewhere between happily ever after and new beginnings
Somwhere in the middle is where I am and where I shall stay while my Savior works to make me new again!
This middle ground is not a bad place to be, it's not a mediocre land. It's an "on my way" place. I may not be perfect, I may not be complete, I may not be on fire as I once was....but it will all come to pass when the time is right. I am in a season in my life of being in the middle. It's the comfortable place for me to heal. It gives me time, it gives me patience, and it gives me grace. The kind of grace only God can give when He knows we need to rebuild. Rome wasn't built in a day! Only God could form the earth in 7 days....and even He needed rest on that last day! I'm resting in the middle, taking time to breathe. Soon I will find myself rebuilt, renewed, and starting again. In the mean time, I am giving myself a little credit for making it as far as I have without completely breaking away. I haven't lost sight of the true prize, the light at the end of the tunnel. I may have only had faith as small as a mustard seed at times but it has always been there. Now as that seed of faith grows again, I find myself here, in the middle....on my way!

No comments: