Stuck inside on this snowy day I decided to update my blog with the latest news in my life. After 5 years of running my own business, struggling to make ends meet, and living hand to mouth, I am officially employed full time!!!! Let me back up a little bit and share my fun story with you.
In the end of September, I was blessed to be offered a part time position with Abilities Network, the non-profit organization I worked for before having my children. Over the past few months I have enjoyed immensely getting back into the work force, working with children with autism and their families. I felt like I had finally arrived at my niche once again and was serving the role that God has for me in my career. He has blessed me with an ability to understand Autism and I want to use those skills as best I can as I know that field is one that is in need of individuals who can provide support. The only draw back to the position was that it was part time, not providing the income that I was needing to keep afloat. I stuck with it, hoping that over time my hours may increase and God would provide an opportunity for me to continue that job while still bringing in the funds I need.
After one particularly slow week at work, I started to contemplate looking for a different job, needing that income to improve. I battled the decision as I was finally feeling settled with my families and enjoyed my job so much. Something in me told me to call my director and make her aware of the situation. Praise God for that decision! She was so gracious and understanding of my situation and even offered to see what she could find within the organization to help fill that void for me. How valued I felt as an employee that my director would go to bat for me and support me in whatever way she could so that I could remain on staff with the organization. She told me it would take some time so all I needed to do was wait. Wait and pray. A little shy of a month later, I got the phone call from her asking me, "Are you still interested in full time employment with Abilities Network?" My heart jumped!!! I could not believe my ears! I was set up for an interview the following day and within an hour of the interview they had already made their decision! I am now a full time, salaried employee, part time for the Autism Program and part time for Project ACT (the program I previously worked for).
The best part of the whole thing was when I learned of the salary amount. A few months back, my mom and I sat down and figured out what kind of salary I would need to be making in order to make ends meet. As I applied for jobs I focused on the decided amount and didn't count on anything more, I actually figured it may be less. However, the salary amount that I will be paid for this job is WAY above and beyond what I had anticipated. See, for 5 years I have learned to live on the manna that God provides. Exactly what I have needed, no more, no less. I have learned to pace myself with my money, live frugally, and try to be grateful for everything He provides. He ALWAYS gave us EXACTLY what we needed. I can now look at where He has brought me to and praise Him for helping me grow in my attitude towards finances. I have learned to live within my means, with few or sometimes no credit cards, and be grateful for having our needs met. As my reward for that, He has brought me to a place of abundance. The feast is plentiful, yet, with the new attitude and lifestyle I have acquired, every bit of it will be enjoyed and appreciated. Not one crumb will go unnoticed.
It's been a long time coming, folks! I've been in this place of financial struggle for so many years that I'm still a bit shell shocked at the prospect of having more than what I need. Now I can sit back, appreciate the 5 years of growth, time with my children, and enjoy the new career path that is in front of me. I have no regrets, no wishing that things had been any different, because now I can finally see the big picture. It was all for His glory....it always is.
Today I encourage you to listen to the song "Enough" on my playlist. It tells us that when it comes down to it, God is all we need. He, Himself, is more than enough for every thirst and every need. If we recognize that, everything else will fall into place!
13 years ago
1 comment:
Congrats! I am happy that you have found this new full time status doing a job that you love and find fulfilling. I can actually hear happiness in your words today.
Enjoy the snow and extra warm snuggles with your little ones.
Post a Comment