Monday, April 5, 2010

Empty Me

It's been so long since I've posted that I'm not quite sure how to write anymore!! What's been going on in my life? Well, we're trying to get used to a new life, the kids and I. It's been an adjustment, that's putting it mildly. Though, things are finally starting to look brighter. A few weeks ago, a man entered into my life and did a wonderful thing for me. Aside from having a lot in common and enjoying spending time together, we have been going to church together. To some, this may seem like a minor thing. Especially those that know me well....as church has always been an important part of my life and a regular part of my routine. Not so much in these past 8 months. I've strayed along my journey and have pushed away from God quite a bit. So much that I didn't even have the desire to attend church as I had been. When this wonderful man came into my life, he brought with him the Holy Spirit to demand, not just urge, me back to church. It was made so clear to me that this was not an option anymore. I was no longer allowed to have my little pity party or feel sorry for my life circumstances. I was to get up, get my butt back to church, and praise God even through my difficult circumstances. How else could I expect to hear Him when He calls me if my ears aren't open to listen? In 3 weeks of going to services at this church, I have felt more of the Spirit healing me than ever before. I am so grateful to Dave for all he does for me, but most importantly for turning my eyes back to the One who is worthy of my praise.

I have added a new song to the end of my playlist called "Empty Me". This song is a new favorite of mine and defines so well what I needed to go through in order to return to find the heart for the Lord that I used to have. I needed to get rid of that selfishness and pride, empty myself of anything I was holding onto that was not of Him, and be filled with Him. Please make sure you listen to it as it is such a powerful song! I think we all need to be reminded every now and then to be emptied of all that hinders us from being filled by the Spirit.

No comments: