Well, here I am. Trying to get back on my feet with this blog. I used to be so good at posting every week. I guess you all needed less to read!! Can you keep up with these postings a little easier?
I'm in a growing place, raw and ready. I feel like the rubble has been stripped away, the dead limbs destroyed, leaving only roots that are ready for growth. It's not an easy place to be, that's for sure. However, I know it could be much worse and it's just part of what I have to go through to get back into the light of the Son. After all, I am the one who allowed myself to get to such a place of sinfulness and distance from God. Day by day, step by step, I'm drawing closer to the Almighty, to the foot of His throne. I came upon this song when I was expanding my playlist and trying to work up some inspiration of what to write about today. It is such a beautiful song that I am simply going to leave my posting at that today. Let you listen to the song and ponder the words. My favorite line is "where Your love poured out". It makes me imagine being at the foot of the cross, being blanketed by His love and forgiveness. Praying you will feel His love blanketing you as well!
Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemption's hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost
Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross
You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You are
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen
To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment